World’s Most Bioactive Ashwagandha™
Calming & Sleep, Cognitive Health, Energy & Focus, Men’s Health, Sports & Performance Nutrition, Weight Management, Animal Health
Shoden® is an innovative, clinically proven, high potency extract from the leaves and roots of the Ashwagandha plant. With an industry-leading 35% Withanolide Glycosides (as measured by HPLC), Shoden® offers high bioavailability and demonstrated activity even at low doses. This advanced Ashwagandha extract is ideal for use in a variety of health and wellness formulas. Shoden® has been clinically studied for anxiety, stress, sleep-related conditions, vitality, testosterone in men, Beauty from Within, and immunity.
Ashwagandha, Withania somnifera, is an adaptogen. Adaptogens mimic the body’s own stress-reducing hormones and increase the body’s ability to recover from stress while creating an overall feeling of balance and normalization. Shoden® is the perfect ingredient for the “new normal” where emotional wellbeing has become a primary concern.
Sustainability and traceability are important. Shoden® Ashwagandha has a great story of sustainable farming and supporting the communities surrounding the farms. Read this wonderful article about where NutriScience’s Shoden® comes from.
Shoden® is part of an exclusive portfolio of proprietary ingredients from NutriScience Innovations LLC, and is a registered trademark of Arjuna Natural Pvt. Ltd.
Features & Benefits
- World’s Most Bioactive Ashwagandha™ – Shoden® contains an industry-leading 35% Withanolide Glycosides.
- Improves Restorative Sleep – A new clinical study has been completed showing its benefit in improving restorative sleep by 42%.
- High Bioavailability at Low Doses – Significant levels of Withanolides remain in the blood even after 24 hours. Shoden® has industry leading bioactives which provide the highest efficacy of Withanolide Glycosides and Withanolide Aglycones for maximum performance.
- Multiple Health Categories – Shoden® can be used in stress, energy, sports performance, sleep, vitality, cognitive function/focus, Beauty from Within, and immune health categories. Perfect for Emotional Wellbeing.
- Dietary Supplements
- Functional Foods & Beverages
- Animal Health
- Sleep Support Products
- Stress Support Products
- Immune Health Support Products
- Sports & Performance Nutrition Products
- Creams & Topicals
Mechanism of Action
Ashwagandha, Withania somnifera, is an adaptogen. Adaptogens mimic the body’s own stress reducing hormones and increase the body’s ability to recover from stress while creating an overall feeling of balance and normalization.
Several Clinical studies have been completed on Shoden® showing the following benefits:
- Significant improvement in Restorative Sleep
- Increased testosterone levels in men
- Increased DHEA-S levels
- Improvements in fatigue, vigor, wellbeing
- Decreases in cortisol and estradiol
Formulating with Shoden®
Shoden® can be used as a stand-alone ingredient or in combination with other nootropics. It can be formulated as capsules, tablets, candies, gums, functional foods and beverages and creams and topicals. It can also be used in pet health applications.
Ashwagandha’s short-term safety is well established through multiple studies and traditional use. It has been used for centuries as a food and a traditional tea. Completed Shoden® testosterone and sleep studies showed no adverse events and were well tolerated by study participants. Ashwagandha is not recommended for pregnant women.
Ashwagandha is listed in the American Herbal Products Association, Herbs of Commerce 1992 and is a pre-1994 grandfathered dietary ingredient. Shoden® is self-affirmed GRAS.
NutriScience and Arjuna Natural launch Shoden® high potency Ashwagandha extract
High potency, bioavailable Shoden® Ashwagandha extract introduced by NutriScience and Arjuna Natural
NutriScience Innovations partners with Arjuna for ‘high potency’ Shoden® Ashwagandha
The Power of Sleep Restored Infographic (Natural Products Insider/Informa)
Shoden® Ashwagandha extract cuts amount of non-restorative sleep: RCT
New Sleep Clinical Research Completed on NutriScience’s Shoden Ashwagandha (BevNet)
Shoden significantly increased overall restorative sleep (Nutrition Insight)
Nutrition Industry Executive (NIE) Ingredient Awards 2020 – Sports Nutrition Category: Shoden Ashwagandha Extract Wins 2nd Place (niemagazine.com)
NutriScience Innovations expands portfolio of Non-GMO Project Verified ingredients, now offering 11 options suitable for functional F&B use (Nutrition Insight) (https://www.nutritioninsight.com/news/ weekly-roundup-covid-19-stalls-dsms-vitamin-e-plant-maintenance-animal-meat-intake-linked-to-cvd-prevention.html)
Building Resilience with Adaptogens (Whole Foods Magazine)