Children’s Health, Women’s Health
SunActive® is a patented, nutrient delivery system for minerals. The SunActive® delivery system involves micronization and encapsulation of insoluble minerals to create a stable dispersion of fine particles when mixed in water. SunActive® technology works very well for insoluble minerals that normally have poor bioavailability. Micronization dramatically improves bioavailability, and coupled with no metallic taste, makes SunActive® minerals work well for powdered drink formulas.
Features & Benefits
- SunActive® Iron contains the Ferric pyrophosphate form of iron, delivering 8% elemental iron
- High Bioavailability – micronization technology dramatically improves absorption and bioavailability of water insoluble minerals; comparable bioavailability to soluble salts
- Dietary Supplements
- Functional Foods & Beverages
- Infant Nutrition
A human bioavailability study in adult women showed similar bioavailability (iron absorption) between SunActive® Fe and soluble ferrous sulfate.
Formulating with SunActive® Iron
- Excellent Palatability – no metallic taste
- Free of – flavors, colors, preservatives, titanium dioxide
- Improved Tolerability – significant improvement in tolerability; reduced stomach distress. No osmotic diarrhea effects
- High Stability – stable against heat, pH, salts, oxidation; does not cause protein agglomeration
Safe for use at all RDI levels (Reference Daily Intakes). All ingredients are FDA GRAS for use in foods, beverages and dietary supplements.
Ashwagandha is listed in the American Herbal Products Association, Herbs of Commerce 1992 and is a pre-1994 grandfathered dietary ingredient. Shoden® powder is >95% ashwagandha extract, protected under US Patents 9987323, 10166266. Consumed for centuries as a traditional tea, ashwagandha is GRAS.