A novel ingredient harnessing the power of the Indian Gooseberry (The Indian Ayurvedic Superfruit!)
Immune Health, Cardiovascular Health, Digestive Health, Antioxidant
In spite of its novelty on this side of the ocean, Amla fruit is not actually a new discovery—in fact, it boasts a wide margin of seniority over sliced bread. It is the single most mentioned fruit in Ayurveda, an ancient traditional system of medicine indigenous to India for the last 5,000 years. Long before it was branded a “superfruit,” Amla fruit was prized for its ability to revive, rejuvenate and balance the entire body.
The unique complex within the Amla fruit contains:
- More antioxidant activity than blueberries
- 10 times more vitamin C than lemon juice
- 30 times more polyphenols than red wine
- More gallic acid (a potent antioxidant) than another fruit
Specific health benefits attributed to Amla include:
- Rich antioxidant source of vitamin C, polyphenols and gallic acid help protect against cell oxidation and free radicals.
- Promotes vascular health, improves blood flow and provides a warming sensation.
- Supports and balances natural immunity.
- Supports digestive function.
SunAmla® brings the ancient tradition of the Indian gooseberry into our everyday lives.
SunAmla® is part of an exclusive portfolio of proprietary ingredients from NutriScience Innovations LLC and is a product and registered trademark of Taiyo International, Inc.
Features & Benefits
- The Amla fruit is bursting with an impressive concentration of antioxidants, and a powerful combination of vitamins, polyphenols, minerals, amino acids and dietary fiber.
- SunAmla® is standardized to a minimum of 50% Amla fruit and is derived from the Indian Gooseberry plant, Emblica officinalis Gaertn.
- SunAmla® has a pleasant taste and is highly bioavailable.
- SunAmla® is produced via water extraction and is solvent-free.
- Contains a minimum of 9% Polyphenols
- Complies with limits established for residual pesticides set forth by FDA
- Dietary Supplements
- Functional Foods & Beverages
Attributes of SunAmla®
- Produced via water extraction; solvent-free, food-grade, gluten-free
- Minimum of 50% Amla Fruit (Indian Gooseberry) Extract
- Minimum of 9% Polyphenols
- Soluble powder suitable for beverage use
- Country of Origin – India
Formulating with SunAmla®
SunAmla® is delivered in a convenient powder form and can be formulated in capsules, tablets, nutritional bars, beverages, powder drink mixes, cereals, jams, yogurt and dairy products.
SunAmla is produced using Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in a FSMA compliant and FSSC2000 certified facility. SunAmla is neither composed of nor derived from Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO), Flavours, Additives, Foodstuffs or Food ingredients, as defined in Article 2(2) of Directive 2001/18/EC, and all raw materials are kept free from GMO and their derivatives throughout the production process. SunAmla is not labeled as Genetically Modified according to European Community Regulations 1829/2003 and 1830/2003.
SunAmla contains no animal products and is suitable for consumption by Vegans and Vegetarians (Lacto, Ovo, Lacto-Ovo). SunAmla does not contain BSE and/or TSE. As per the instruction of the Pharmaceutical Office of Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry of Japan, dated October 5, 2001 (No. 294), it is certified that SunAmla does not contain any bovine material. SunAmla contains no pesticides, synthetic components or chemical additives and is safe for human consumption.