Organic Clinically-Researched Cranberry Powder (with Sunfiber® ) for UTI and Gut Health
Detoxification, Digestive Health, Women’s Health
SunCran® is a synergistic blend that integrates cranberry juice powder with Sunfiber®. The cranberry juice powder is derived from whole, cranberries, Vaccinium macrocarpon; Sunfiber® is a clinically studied, prebiotic fiber from hydrolyzed guar. These two active ingredients are compounded together in an approximate 65/35 ratio using a patented, low-temperature process that maintains the sensitive proanthocyanidins and other bioflavonoids (polyphenols) in the product.
The soluble proanthocyanidins (PACs) in SunCran® bind to bacteria in the urinary tract. This combination technology is targeted at urinary tract health – specifically for Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) and elimination of E.coli from the urinary tract.
Learn more about Sunfiber®, prebiotic fiber from hydrolyzed guar.
Organic options available.
SunCran® is part of an exclusive portfolio of proprietary ingredients from NutriScience Innovations, LLC and is a registered trademark of Taiyo International, Inc.
Features & Benefits
- Clinically supported benefits for UTIs and gut health
- Promotes anti-adhesion and anti-invasion while supporting a healthy gut microbiome
- Standardized levels of soluble PACs – proven to bind to bacteria
- Powder is > 60% through US 40# mesh and is completely water soluble – vibrant cranberry color
- Available in both conventional and organic options
- Dietary Supplements
- Functional Foods & Beverages
- Stick Packs
- RTD Beverages & Smoothies
- Animal Health
- An in-vitro adhesion study on SunCran® conducted at Rutgers University showed that SunCran® adheres to E. coli bacteria and produces an agglutination reaction. Soluble PACs prevented E. coli from adhering to epithelial cells, therefore allowing bacteria to be flushed out of the tract.
- An in-vitro, anti-invasion study at the University of Wisconsin-Madison demonstrated the ability of SunCran® to inhibit the ability of E. coli to invade Caco-2 human epithelial cells.
- A clinical study on 20 participants was conducted at Rutgers University. E. coli in the urine was measured for 3-24 hours following a single dose of 1g of SunCran®. 85% of the participants (17/20) elicited a moderate positive anti-adhesion response with no side effects reported.
Formulating with SunCran®
SunCran® can be formulated into capsules, tablets, RTDs, functional foods such as yogurt, smoothies, nutritional bars and cereals, gummies, candies and more.
All the ingredients in SunCran® are GRAS. Sunfiber® is self-affirmed GRAS. There are no adverse events reported in the clinical studies or in the FDA Adverse Event Report database 2003-2018.