Fermented Salmon Milt Extract
Cellular Health, Hair, Skin & Nails, Immune Support, Sports Nutrition
DNActive® is fermented DNA from salmon milt – a highly unique dietary ingredient with potential benefits across a wide variety of health and wellness categories. DNActive® can be used to create both dietary supplements and cosmetic formulas that will stand out from the competition. Consumed in Japan for centuries, this traditional delicacy, known as “shirako,” is now available as a clean, fermented, powdered dietary ingredient. DNActive® contains protamines – small arginine-rich nucleic proteins – which are similar in structure to human protamines.
DNActive® is a registered trademark of NutriScience Innovations, LLC.
Features & Benefits
- Extracted from wild-caught salmon
- Enzyme fermented
- Clean, pure, spray-dried powder with little to no taste or odor
- Dietary Supplements
- Functional Foods
- Candies & Gummies
- Cosmetic Formulas
Clinical & Scientific Studies
Although no significant clinical studies have been conducted to date, several animal studies indicate the potential for salmon milt across several health and wellness categories. Human skin studies have shown benefits for use as a cosmetic ingredient.
- Anti-Aging – effects on mitigating age-related declines in learning and memory have been demonstrated.
- Anti-Inflammatory – several anti-inflammatory markers, including IL-1β, TNF-α, COX-2, iNOS, and PGE2, were significantly suppressed in an animal model.
- Cellular Immunity – animal studies support the suppression of T-cell and lymphocyte activity.
- Endurance – longer running distance and higher glycogen content were observed in animal studies.
- Liver Support – improved liver function was shown in an animal model of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Also, improved hepatic function was seen after alcohol consumption in mice.
- Topical Use – several studies on human skin show protection against UV absorption, reduced skin roughness, increased generation of hyaluronic acid and promotion of collagen production.
Formulating with DNActive®
As a dietary supplement, DNActive® can be combined with other complementary ingredients to further enhance the benefits of the formula. For cosmetic use, it can be used in creams or lotions.
Salmon milt has been consumed as a traditional delicacy for centuries. DNActive® is an NDI (New Dietary Ingredient) exempt from notification.