Organic Mushroom Blend for Prebiotic & Immune Health
Digestive Health, Immune Health, Prebiotic
TriCelium™ is a new, innovative, organic certified prebiotic from a blend of three mushrooms – reishi (Ganoderma lucidum), maitake (Grifola frondosa), and oyster (Pleurotus ostreatus). This blend supports both immune and digestive health. TriCelium™ has been studied for its prebiotic effects in generating short chain fatty acids (SCFAs).
Medicinal mushrooms have been used for thousands of years in Eastern medicine. They are known for supporting healthy sleep, anxiety, focus, immune health, digestive health and more. Recently, there has been a rising demand from western consumers for mushroom based supplements as the health benefits have become more widely understood.
Reishi and Maitake mushrooms are two of the most popular medicinal mushrooms with clinical studies supporting both immune and digestive health, among other areas. Oyster mushrooms are gaining popularity in the natural space and are known to contain immune boosting beta-glucans.
Features & Benefits
- TriCelium™ utilizes reishi, maitake and oyster mushrooms, which have all been studied both for their immune supporting and digestive health properties
- The mushrooms are USDA Certified Organic and are grown under controlled conditions
- TriCelium™ has been specifically studied and demonstrated to increase the production of short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs) in an in-vitro prebiotic model
- TriCelium™ has been demonstrated to be effective as a prebiotic at low doses
- TriCelium™ contains beta-glucans
- Dietary Supplements
- Functional Foods & Beverages
Mechanism of Action
The beta-glucans present in mushrooms are believed to be responsible for the immunomodulatory and digestive health effects. SCFAs, and in particular, the generation of butyrate has been implicated as a primary mechanism for both immune and digestive support, by increasing gut barrier function, as well as its signaling properties. TriCelium™ contains beta-glucans.
Formulating With TriCelium™
TriCelium™ is a whole mushroom product – it consists of both the mycelium and fruiting bodies for each of the mushrooms. It can easily be formulated in various foods, beverage and supplement formats such as capsules, tablets, stick packs, powders, etc.
TriCelium™ can be combined with other immune boosting ingredients such as BGF-Immune® and Shoden® Ashwagandha. For digestive health, TriCelium™ can be combined with Sunfiber®.
Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum), maitake (Grifola frondosa), and oyster (Pleurotus ostreatus) mushrooms are all edible mushrooms. TriCelium™ is self-affirmed GRAS.