Hydrolyzed Keratin, Food Grade
Animal Health; Hair, Skin & Nails; Women’s Health
Keratin is a structural protein that connects epithelial (skin) cells together and protects them from environmental damage. However, keratin itself is insoluble and is poorly absorbed in the body. Hydrolyzed keratin is keratin protein that has been broken down into smaller molecules and is readily absorbed in the body when consumed orally.
Our KeraGLO® Hydrolyzed Keratin is from poultry feathers and is extensively hydrolyzed to improve absorption. Other forms of hydrolyzed keratin are only partially hydrolyzed and are poorly absorbed and thus may be of limited benefit when used in Beauty from Within products.
Features & Benefits
- Easily absorbed, highly digestible powder ideal for Beauty from Within
- This unique hydrolyzed keratin formula contains about 92% free amino acids and about 8% dipeptides and tripeptides, which represent the building blocks of keratin.
- High levels of the four important amino acids that support hair, skin and nails – Cysteine (>5%), Lysine, Arginine and Methionine.
- Low levels of ash compared with other less hydrolyzed keratins.
- Dietary Supplements
- Functional Foods & Beverages
- Candies & Gums
- Animal Health
Mechanism of Action
Hydrolyzed Keratin promotes keratinocyte growth and proliferation, stimulating keratin production in hair, skin and nails.
Clinical studies show improvements in hair brightness, brittleness and entanglements, and improvements in nail brittleness, smoothness and dullness, after 45-90 days.
Formulating with KeraGLO®
KeraGLO® can be combined with other Beauty from Within ingredients. It can be formulated into capsules, tablets, candies, gums, functional foods and beverages and more. It can also be used in animal health products.
Hydrolyzed keratin is sourced from poultry feathers. Hydrolysis breaks down the keratin protein to yield digestible food grade amino acids.