Animal Health, Hair, Skin & Nails, Heart Health, Bone & Joint Health
ElastaGLO® is a fermented, hydrolyzed elastin from the connective tissue of the bonito fish. As the name implies, Elastin is a highly elastic protein in the connective tissue which allows the skin to return to its original position when stretched. Collagen is the main component of skin; elastin holds the collagen bundles together and gives skin its elasticity. Aging causes elastin production to slow down, therefore skin loses elasticity, and wrinkles begin to form. Elastin helps restore the elasticity of skin. Hydrolyzed elastin has been shown to provide additional benefits, including improvements in vascular elasticity and blood flow. It supports joint mobility, healthy ligaments, and a healthy, non-sagging bust. Hydrolyzed elastin can also be considered for a surgical recovery product.
Features & Benefits
- ElastaGLO® is a hydrolyzed form of elastin, this allows the product to be more bioavailable and digestible.
- ElastaGLO® is a one-of-a-kind product to create a Beauty from Within cosmetic product.
- ElastaGLO® contains >0.1% Desmosine and >0.3% Isodesmosine. These are cross-linking molecules that are only found in elastin and give elastin its unique properties.
- Dietary Supplement
- Cosmetics & Cosmeceuticals
- Clinical studies on Elastin for skin elasticity show significantly greater skin elasticity and improved skin condition when compared with placebo after 4 weeks.
- A clinical study on bust area sagging and fullness showed a significant improvement in bust parameters after 8 weeks.
- A study on Elastin showed that there was an improvement in blood flow showing a significant improvement in vascular aging scores after 4 and 8 weeks.
- In a knee joint clinical study, with and without glucosamine, Elastin showed a significant improvement in knee joint pain after 12 weeks.
Formulating With ElastaGLO®
ElastaGLO® can be formulated as a stand-alone product or in combination with other Beauty from Within ingredients. It can be formulated into capsules and tablets.
Bonito fish has been consumed as a food for centuries. ElastaGLO® is an NDI (New Dietary Ingredient), for which no notification is required. Additionally, a number of safety and toxicity studies have been completed using ElastaGLO®.