Zinc Amino Acid Chelate
Immune Health, Vision Health
Zinc is an essential mineral needed by the human body. Studies have shown that zinc helps support immune health and can help balance blood sugar levels already within the healthy range. It has also been shown to help manage the symptoms of age-related macular degeneration.
Because elemental zinc is generally considered to be poorly absorbed by the body, a chelating agent is added that binds to the zinc and helps improve absorption. NutriScience’s Zinc Amino Acid Chelate uses the amino acid Aspartic Acid to increase bioavailability and absorption, thus improving its function.
Features & Benefits
- Zinc is an essential mineral
- Zinc Amino Acid Chelate is >20% elemental zinc
- Zinc Amino Acid Chelate is highly bioavailable
- Dietary Supplements
- Functional Foods & Beverages
- A randomized, placebo-controlled study in adults over 65 years of age found that zinc supplementation (25 mg/day) for three months increased blood concentrations of helper T-cells and cytotoxic T-cells
- A 2012 systematic review and meta-analysis of 13 randomized controlled trials reported that zinc supplementation in the form of lozenges or syrup shortened the duration of cold symptoms
- A 2013 Cochrane review confirmed that oral zinc administrated within 24 hours of symptom onset could reduce the duration of cold symptoms (14 trials, 1,656 participants)
Formulating with Zinc Amino Acid Chelate
Zinc Amino Acid Chelate can be formulated into capsules, tablets, powders and lozenges for use in many different types of products. As an immune health ingredient it can be combined with elderberry and vitamins C and D. For general health it can be combined with other ingredients to create a multivitamin. As a vision health ingredient, it can be combined with OptiLut® Lutein.
FDA GRAS for use in foods, beverages and dietary supplements. Formulate at 15 or 30 mg elemental zinc which is contained in 75 or 150 mg Zinc Amino Acid Chelate.