Yellow & Green
Digestive Health, Immune Health, Animal Health
Yellow chlorella, Chlorella protothecoides, is an edible freshwater alga with a golden-yellow color and low odor. This “superfood” is high in nutrient content with > 60% protein and > 15% dietary fiber. It contains many micronutrients – it is rich in L-Arginine and glutamic acid and contains many vitamins and minerals including vitamins B1, B7, B12, C, folic acid, biotin and phosphorus, magnesium and zinc. It also contains many other nutrients such as lutein, beta-carotene, and inositol, and a series of healthy Omega Fatty Acids. Yellow chlorella is a non-genetically engineered, natural alga that is easy to digest.
Yellow chlorella naturally contains > 15% beta-glucan. Beta-glucans support healthy immune function by working on the cells of the innate immune defense system to mobilize a complex set of immune defense mechanisms. This ultimately enhances the body’s immune response to promote overall health and wellness. Yellow chlorella is a great ingredient to add to an immune support dietary supplement formula.
Yellow chlorella has also been shown to increase propionate-producing bacteria and is suitable for digestive health as both a pre and postbiotic. Research has shown that both pre and postbiotics may help maintain a healthy immune system, support a healthy digestive system and help balance the gut microbiome.
NutriScience also offers Green Chlorella, single-celled, green freshwater algae with impressive nutritional benefits. The whole plant is used to make nutritional supplements and is considered to be a “Superfood”. Green Chlorella is a good source of protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. The cell wall of chlorella is broken to allow it to be digested. Green Chlorella may help to increase the good bacteria in the gut and detoxify the body.
Features & Benefits
- High nutrient content > 60% protein, >15% dietary fiber, > 5% fat
- Beneficial levels (>15%) of Beta-Glucan for immune support
- Rich in L-Arginine >5% for heart and immune health
- Contains an array of micronutrients such as vitamins and minerals
- Is a prebiotic and postbiotic – and is easily digested
- Grown in a closed cultivation system which protects it from environmental contamination
- Dietary Supplements
- Functional Foods & Beverages
- Yellow chlorella contains >15% beta-glucans. It has been shown in lab experiments to enhance IL-6 and TNFα cytokine production.
- In lab digestive studies, yellow chlorella increased the amount of propionate in colonic cultures and supported the growth of Lactobacillus plantarum. This demonstrates prebiotic and postbiotic effects.
Formulating with Yellow and Green Chlorella
Yellow Chlorella powder can be used in products for immunity and digestive health. As a dietary supplement, it can be formulated into capsules, tablets, and powders. For food applications, it enhances mouth feel, provides color, and umami taste. It can be formulated into crackers, nutrition bars, bullion, vegetable, dairy drinks, shakes, etc. Green Chlorella is also good for detoxification products.
CHLORELLA (Green Chlorella)